I adhere to the following code of professional conduct:
Australian Institute of Professional Photographers - Code of Professional Conduct
1. I agree to be bound by the constitution of the
Australian Institute of Professional Photography
(AIPP) and abide by the regulations and guidelines
of the AIPP as set down from time to time.
2. I will abide by this Code of Professional Practice of
the AIPP and recognise the authority of the AIPP
Compliance Committee in all matters relating to
the interpretation and enforcement of this code.
3. I shall at all times present myself and my imaging
services, in such manner as will uphold and dignify my
professional status and the reputation of the Institute.
4. I will deal with the public with honesty and
integrity. I shall exercise reasonable skill, care and
diligence in the discharge of my duties, giving full
consideration to the requirements of the client.
5. I will not use any marketing or competitive
practice, which violates any Federal or State
statute or any decision of a Federal or State court.
6. I shall ensure that advertisements and other
public announcements with which my name is
associated are not such as would, in the opinion
of the Board, bring the Institute into disrepute.
I shall ensure that all advertisements or public
announcements mentioned comply with the
guidelines issued from time to time by the Board.
7. I shall ensure that in conjunction with my name
only such designatory letters (Post Nominals) or
other descriptions to which I am entitled, are used,
and I will not deliberately mislead through the
incorrect use of designatory letters. (Only businesses
in which all employees are accredited members of the AIPP
may use “Members of the AIPP” after the business name.)
MARKET RELATED MATTERS
8. I shall, if engaged in any imaging or photographic
genre which involves direct contractual
relationshiops with domestic consumers (Business
to Consumer) allow the client three working days,
after the placement of an order or the signing of a
contract, during which time the client may change
without penalty the extent of such order or contract.
9. I will not utilise any form of “high pressure” selling tactics
to book clients or influence clients to place orders.
10. I will reveal all material facts; avoid concealment
of information and refrain from the use of
innuendoes in advertising and selling that
might cause consumers to be misled, so that
the truth about services of products may be
fully understood. I will provide a complete and
comprehensive written price list outlining my
services and products prior to undertaking any
11. I will fulfil all contractual obligations, offer reasonable
warranty of products and services, and perform on
such warranty without hesitation, where claims are
justified. I will ensure that all domestic photography
transactions, including the production of albums,
does not take more than three months from the date
of order, or a firm delivery date be agreed in writing
at the contract stage.
12. I will advertise and sell the merits of my services and
products honestly and undertake only assignments
that my firm or I can reasonably expect to complete
with professional competence.
13. I will refer the client to another suitably qualified
and ethical AIPP member who can best fulfil
the client’s needs if my organisation or I cannot
undertake the work.
14. I will not commit any acts that will discredit the
profession and I will refrain from degrading
15. I will ensure that any matter referring to copyright
is underlined on contracts (or printed in bold type
in any new contracts), and that reasonable usage
rights for the studio be contractually established
at the time of the original contract, and that these
rights extend to an agreed level of promotion
for the studio, including entry into professional
competitions and exhibitions.
16. I acknowledge that every client entering into a
contract with an AIPP member is entitled to receive
a copy of this Code of Professional Practice.